[darcs-users] DeleteFile on Windows (was: Re: hashed-storage work now merged in (woo!))

Salvatore Insalaco kirby81 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 06:38:04 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 1:21 AM, Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com> wrote:
> Now, I think we can introduce POSIX file semantics on win32.  Just check out
> the articles I found.  Particularly the second one.

I really like this stuff!
I'm going to take a look to it tomorrow, maybe we can fix this
bug-inducing behavior once and forever.

Petr, If we manage to do it with win32 I think this is a much better
solution than moving files around, as it is a very expensive operation
in Windows when you do it between different partitions.

Salvatore