[darcs-users] _darcs/prefs/email in patch-tag.com repos

Max Battcher me at worldmaker.net
Sat Oct 10 02:11:36 UTC 2009

On 10/9/2009 21:23, Thomas Hartman wrote:
> At the request of users, I started to implement a behavior in
> patch-tag where the _darcs/prefs/email gets set to the primary email
> of the user that owns the repo.
>
> However, I don't think this will be useful, because when I darcs get a
> repo with the _darcs/prefs/email file set, the fetched repo is missing
> that file.
>
> Am I missing something?

Darcs send checks "upstream" in order to determine which patches need to
be sent, just like darcs push, and just like darcs push it defaults this
check to _darcs/prefs/defaultrepo. Darcs doesn't copy the
_darcs/prefs/email, it simply expects to be provided a remote repo.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net