[darcs-users] darcs patch: Accept issue1325: hunk patches interfere with pending ...

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sat Oct 10 22:02:43 UTC 2009

Some not so nice whatsnew output:
  adddir ./b
  move ./file ./b/file
  hunk ./b/file 1
  -file
  rmfile ./b/file
  rmdir ./b

When really we would want to just see
  hunk ./file 1
  -file
  rmfile ./file

Note that this works fine without the hunk patch isn't there.  I guess the
problem is that the hunk patch does not commute past the rmfile patch.

I'm not 100% sure we should be treating this as a bug (or just something
that's unfortunate about the way Darcs works).  In any case, I guess it's
not particularly urgent.  Anybody have ideas on what's the right way to
think about this problem?

Sat Oct 10 22:50:38 BST 2009  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Accept issue1325: hunk patches interfere with pending minimisation.

  The test creates the following pending sandwich:
    add dir, move file to dir, delete dir
  Ideally this should crush down to just removing the file.  But this only
  happens if the file is empty.  Note that we perform this test twice,
  once with an empty file  and once with a non-empty file.