[darcs-users] _darcs/prefs/email in patch-tag.com repos

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Oct 11 08:02:33 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 18:58:07 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> > Darcs users/hackers : perhaps a good thing would be for future darcs
> > to have a _darcs/localprefs to avoid this confusion.  I don't think
> > there is much we can do about _darcs/prefs/prefs, on the other hand.
>
> I think I've said before that the whole preference system, and in
> particular deciding how preferences propagate between repositories,
> needs to be (re)designed.

Ah, I had forgotten, but I do recall you also saying that there should
be a means of propagating some remote prefs such as email.  You're
right, I guess this requires a little more top-down design right than
just the kneejerk bottom-up proposal of splitting off _darcs/localprefs.

Also, I should correct one of the errors in my earlier message:
_darcs/prefs/sources should be treated as internal Darcs metadata,
not a local pref