[darcs-users] _darcs/prefs/email in patch-tag.com repos

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Mon Oct 12 08:47:10 UTC 2009

Max Battcher <me at worldmaker.net> writes:

> On 10/11/2009 4:02, Eric Kow wrote:
>> Also, I should correct one of the errors in my earlier message:
>> _darcs/prefs/sources should be treated as internal Darcs metadata,
>> not a local pref
>
> I would say that's a fine line distinction right there-- I've had to
> edit _darcs/prefs/sources for various reasons and I could see someone
> manually pruning it as appropriate...

I edit mine constantly, in an effort to improve the results of darcs
optimize --relink.

This is because I worry that the local branches don't "know about" each
other because I create them with a mish mash of darcs get (from a remote
URL), darcs get (from the local copy of the remote URL), cp -a, and mv.