[darcs-users] darcs-benchmark

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Thu Oct 15 15:20:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 4:50 AM, Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 07:53:23 +0200, Petr Rockai wrote:
> > Sorry for the delay, both issues (missing darcs.tgz and incorrect header
> check)
> > should be fixed now. You need to update darcs-benchmark to 0.1.1 from
> Hackage.
>
> Yep! Here's the kind of output I get after doing
>
> cabal update
> cabal install darcs-benchmark
> mkdir /tmp/bm
> cd /tmp/bm
> darcs-benchmark --get
> darcs-benchmark darcs-2.3.1 darcs

Eric, could you clarify the version of 'darcs' above?  Is this the current
HEAD?  If so, then yes, some uses have regressed it would seem.  I think we
can actually make them faster than darcs 2.2 and older if we just work on it
a bit.

Thanks for taking the time to post these numbers!  It's so important to look
at the numbers periodically when doing such massive refactorings.

Jason