[darcs-users] Formalizing patch theory

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Oct 19 11:17:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 09:17:22 -0700, Judah Jacobson wrote:
> I've been thinking for a while about Darcs patch theory and how to
> connect it to standard mathematical concepts.  I ended up with a new
> formal model which I've written up as a technical report:
>
> http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jjacobson/patch-theory

Thanks for doing this work!  I'm no Darcs theorist, but I get an access
forbidden on this.

Eric

PS. I arched a hopeful eyebrow when I saw your wiki edit :-) In the long
    run, I hope somebody will wade in and help us solve the problem of
    there not being a one true patch theory reference.  Right now, we've
    still got (a) the Darcs user manual appendix which is likely out of
    date (b) the wikibook and its attempt to provide a gentle
    introduction and never getting past the basics (c) scattered bits of
    wiki (d) Ian's camp work in progress (e) Daniel Carrera's attempt at
    unifying things (which we never got around to trying to merge in).