[darcs-users] Error on systems with case insensitive filesystems

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Oct 19 11:36:48 UTC 2009

Dan wrote:
> > Is it normal to see this error, when running a darcs 2.2.0 binary on a OSX
> > system (case insensitive filesystem) and with a hashed repository?
> >
> > $ darcs wh -sl
> >
> > darcs failed:  Text.Regex.Posix.String died: (ReturnCode 14,"empty
> > (sub)expression")

Not normal!  I'd check with darcs 2.3.x and file a bug report.  I'm
doubtful that anything has changed between 2.2.x and 2.3.x but it's just
nice to make sure we rule out variables.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 19:25:20 -0700, Jason Dagit wrote:
> Can you do a diff between a repo where you get the error and an repo where
> you do not?  I'm thinking of the unix command diff, like:
> diff -u good/_darcs/prefs/binaries bad/_darcs/prefs/binaries

I'd especially give this one a try.  More precisely: fresh get, build,
remove build stuff and indeed, diff -ruN sounds good...

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9