[darcs-users] darcs-benchmark

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Oct 19 12:16:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 08:20:14 -0700, Jason Dagit wrote:
> > cabal update
> > cabal install darcs-benchmark
> > mkdir /tmp/bm
> > cd /tmp/bm
> > darcs-benchmark --get
> > darcs-benchmark darcs-2.3.1 darcs
>
> Eric, could you clarify the version of 'darcs' above?  Is this the current
> HEAD?  If so, then yes, some uses have regressed it would seem.  I think we
> can actually make them faster than darcs 2.2 and older if we just work on it
> a bit.

HEAD.

> Thanks for taking the time to post these numbers!  It's so important to look
> at the numbers periodically when doing such massive refactorings.

My real hope was to show people that this sort of thing is relatively
painless to do so that more people could take on benchmarking of Darcs.

Note:
    darcs get --lazy http://darcs.net --tag 2.3.1 darcs-2.3.1
    cd darcs-2.3.1
    cabal install -fdeps-only
    cabal build
    cp dist/build/darcs/darcs ~/.cabal/bin/darcs-2.3.1

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9