[darcs-users] darcs patch: Accept issue1645: w -l should ignore symlinks.

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Oct 19 13:25:23 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 16:39:43 +1100, Trent W.Buck wrote:
> Sun Oct 11 16:38:38 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
>   * Accept issue1645: w -l should ignore symlinks.

I'm going to apply this now and hope maybe somebody will complain
if they object...

> +## Test for issue1645 - whatsnew -l should not consider symlinks to be
> +## "real" files in the working tree.

> +. ../tests/lib                  # Load some portability helpers.
> +rm -rf R f                      # Another script may have left a mess.
> +darcs init      --repo R        # Create our test repos.
> +
> +cd R
> +echo 'Example content.' > ../f  # a file outside the repo
> +ln -s ../f                      # a symlink to same inside the repo
> +darcs whatsnew -l >log
> +fgrep 'No changes!' log         # Darcs shouldn't report any changes.

Note that I have on some occasions used symlinks within a repo and
tracked both sides in Darcs.  Although in that case, I came to the
conclusion that I was just being foolish and did something else instead
(wrote a makefile target to re-create symlinks)

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9