[darcs-users] Error pushing to server

Andreas Voellmy andreas.voellmy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 03:01:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm having a problem pushing changes to a remote repository using
darcs over scp. Here is what happens when I run "darcs push" (with
some info replaced by <...> strings):

macbook-pro:repo Andreas$ darcs push
andreas@<serveraddress>'s password:
Pushing to "andreas@<serveraddress>:www/repo"...
Tue Oct  6 21:59:03 EDT 2009  <myemail>
  * Test change
Shall I push this patch? (1/1)  [ynWsfvplxdaqjk], or ? for help: y
andreas@<serveraddress>'s password:
darcs: takeLock /<pathtorepo>/www/repo/_darcs/lock in
/<pathtorepo>/www/repo: atomic_create
/<pathtorepo>/www/repo/_darcs/lock in /<pathtorepo>/www/repo:
permission denied (Permission denied)

Apply failed!

I've googled phrases like "atomic_create" and "takeLock" and found
some posts about problems with darcs and sshfs, but I don't think I'm
using sshfs. Also, scp is working fine to the directories in the
repository. I'm using darcs version 2.2.0 the server is running Ubuntu
9.04.

Any ideas about this would be great!

Thanks,
Andreas