[darcs-users] Darcs Hacking Sprint November 14-15, Portland OR venue

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Tue Oct 20 17:20:24 UTC 2009

Hello,

For those of you who want to attend a darcs hacking sprint but live in the
US, this may be easier to attend.
We have three confirmed people, and 2 maybes at the moment.  We could use
more attendees :)

I'll be around to mentor anyone who needs or wants some darcs hacking
mentoring.

I'll announce the location soon, but it depends on how many people RSVP.

Thanks,
Jason

Details below:

--------------------------------------

The Darcs Team will soon be hosting its third hacking sprint.

Details
-------
When : 14-15 November 2009

Where: Portland and University of Technology, Vienna, Austria

Who  : Anybody who wants to hack on Darcs (or Camp, Focal, SO6, etc)
       Beginners especially welcome!

Why  : Darcs aims to have bi-annual hacking sprints so that we can
       get together on a regular basis, hold design discussions,

       hack up a storm and have a lot fun.

What : We plan to put some finishing touches on Darcs-2.4.
       Darcs 2.4 is a pretty exciting release because we expect it
       to offer nice performance enhancements from Petr's Google

       Summer of Code Project, and also a nice new 'hunk splitting'
       feature.

       We also intend to set aside at least one Darcs hacker for
       mentoring beginners, so if you're new to Haskell or to Darcs

       hacking, here's a good chance to plunge in and start working
       on a real world project.

How:   Add yourself to http://wiki.darcs.net/Sprints/2009-11

       or email me to let me know you're interested!