[darcs-users] Installing darcs 2.3.1 on OS X is a royal pain

Reinier Lamers tux_rocker at reinier.de
Sun Oct 25 10:13:03 UTC 2009

Op zaterdag 24 oktober 2009 20:13 schreef Eric Kow:
> On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 11:47:44 -0600, Scott Ribe wrote:
> > Thought you should be aware that for a new OS X (10.5.8 Intel) user, getting
> > darcs going could be difficult:
>
> Thanks for the report, Scott.  I've CC'ed the users who provided the
> packages.

Shouldn't we also add a note to the download page, stating that the safest
way to get a working darcs on OS X is MacPorts? And then say that the
binaries we provide are for those who need the latest & greatest, but are
probably not as well-tested? When I go to darcs.net, trying to get an OS X
version, I am directed to the binaries section without any mention of the
alternatives.

Reinier