[darcs-users] SVN integration

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Wed Oct 28 08:01:20 UTC 2009

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Danecker <tdanecker at gmail.com> writes:
> I'm currently trying to fetch out some kind of "project plan"...
> therefor I used some hours of the last weeks or so to look through the
> current code base and get some overview about where to get started. As
> far as I can see, the most interesting bits are those read_repo
> methods (as in Darcs.Repository.Internal.read_repo with the
> implementations in DarcsRepo and HashedRepo). Methinks that I'll need
> another read_repo method for svn repositories and a special case for
> the darcs push command, and lots of code to convert all the changes
> from svn to darcs patches and back again. (Can someone confirm my
> thoughts?) Where else would I have to interfere with existing code? I
> could definitly use some guidance here...
Yes, I think your guess is about right. The read_repo functionality is what
goes from a repository URL or such to a set of patches that can be manipulated
by darcs. I agree that the code behind read_repo is somewhat convoluted and
would benefit from a more straightforward rewrite, but I'm not sure anyone will
have time to do that very soon.

Yours,
   Petr.