[darcs-users] Error on systems with case insensitive filesystems

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Oct 30 11:13:12 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 13:06:03 +0200, Dan Pascu wrote:
>> I'm just curious: what about on OS X on a case-sensitive file system?
>> You can make a throwaway case-sensitive disk image to play with.
>
> I could, if you could indicate how to do that.
> Can you detail how to do such an image in order to test this?

Ah, sorry; should have done that in my first message to avoid the cycle!
Have a look at
  http://wiki.darcs.net/Development/Tips#dealing-with-different-filesystems

> This is the first time I
> hear that OS X has a case sensitive filesystem.

In a recent hard disk upgrade, I did ask myself whether I should go with
a case-sensitive file system.  I decided against it because I figured
that it was useful to have an environment that resembles everybody else's.
Instead I opted for a small case-sensitive partition just in case in
came in handy.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9