[darcs-users] Error on systems with case insensitive filesystems

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Fri Oct 30 11:29:08 UTC 2009

On 30 Oct 2009, at 13:13, Eric Kow wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 13:06:03 +0200, Dan Pascu wrote:
>>> I'm just curious: what about on OS X on a case-sensitive file
>>> system?
>>> You can make a throwaway case-sensitive disk image to play with.
>>
>> I could, if you could indicate how to do that.
>> Can you detail how to do such an image in order to test this?
>
> Ah, sorry; should have done that in my first message to avoid the
> cycle!
> Have a look at
>  http://wiki.darcs.net/Development/Tips#dealing-with-different-filesystems

I have tried this and the error persists, so it's not a filesystem
case sensitivity issue.

I then went to change the regexp to the alternate form (^|/)core(\.
[0-9]+)?$ and the error went away. I guess in the end it proves to be
a bug in the OS X regex implementation. Most likely it doesn't like
empty alternative for the | operator, even though it is valid.

--
Dan