[darcs-users] darcs patch: Resolve issue1563: official thank-you page.

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sat Oct 31 08:28:56 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 08:22:46 +0000, Eric Kow wrote:
> It does feel a bit dishonest to care about (A) without caring about (B)
> though.  Also: I care most about (B) for the donations page, less so for
> the front page and further less so for the thank-you page.

I should add that the reason I feel that we should have control over the
homepage (first impression) is to avoid the sort of well-meaning 'just
one more link' sprawl that small wikis suffer from.  But I guess that's
just needless worrying and we can make a point of very rigorous gardening.

Also it looks like making the pages HTML has the indirect consequence of
reducing the need for control, since editing the HTML directly through
the wiki's web interface isn't possible (since it looks like people
would have to go through darcs anyway).  I guess this means I am more
likely to be able to live with the content being in the wiki repo, since
it doesn't really reduce our control.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9