[darcs-users] darcs patch: Resolve issue1563: official thank-you page.

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Sat Oct 31 09:24:04 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 08:22:47AM +0000, Eric Kow wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 18:33:13 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
>> Why HTML?  Is this something that goes in the repo, but actually is
>> only ever used for the darcs.net copy?
>
> Trent, I realise you'd prefer to put the entire web content on the wiki.
> [...]  I think there should be a very limited core set of
> 'official' web pages, ie.  the front page, donations and thank-you.  I
> don't expect this set to grow very fast (most things should go on the
> wiki) [...]

Fair enough.  I only find it slightly annoying.

Thinking about it, my chief concerns are that 1) the number of
hand-written pages will keep grow; and 2) they (might) look
inconsistent with the wiki.  As you're confident about (1) not being
an issue, I won't worry about it.

> Now for A and B: I like wikis (honest!), but I still feel that for some
> official documentation (again, a very *limited* subset), we should have
> fairly static content that goes through a review and approval process
> (rather than just the sort of tacit acceptance of "nobody has reverted
> it yet").

Ah, I forgot the review policy for the wiki is quite liberal.

> Am I just being old-fashioned and stupid?

Dunno.  I also assumed you can "lock" files in the wiki, such that
they can only be modified by people with ssh push access.