[darcs-users] [patch23] Add optional specifier for "darcs help environment

Trent W. Buck trentbuck at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 12:27:37 UTC 2009

New submission from Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>:

This has been sitting in my repo for some time, because I've been too
embarrassed to send it.  The code is fugly, and I'm not convinced that
the functionality is desirable.

I suppose this (requesting the docstring of a single entry) might be
more useful in the "darcs help preferences" and "darcs help files" I
intend to implement, e.g. "darcs help files boring" would describe
_darcs/prefs/boring.

Sun Jun 28 22:10:17 EST 2009  Trent W. Buck <trentbuck at gmail.com>
  * Add optional specifier for "darcs help environment [VARIABLE]".
  This kind of command-line argument parsing seems like a huge bodge.
  Surely there is a better way to write this, maybe with getopt?

files: add-optional-specifier-for-_darcs-help-environment-_variable___.dpatch, unnamed
messages: 9107
nosy: twb
status: needs-review
title: Add optional specifier for "darcs help environment

Darcs bug tracker <bugs at darcs.net>
<http://bugs.darcs.net/patch23>