[darcs-users] darcs patch: missing LANGUAGE in Darcs.Commands.Unrevert (and 2 more)

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Tue Sep 1 02:27:41 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Ganesh Sittampalam<ganesh at earth.li> wrote:
> These three patches between them fix the witnesses build on GHC 6.8.2, thus
> resolving issue 1562. I'd have mentioned this in the patch message but I'm
> not really sure which patch to put it in given that they are all relevant
> (and I used different patches to get better commutation behaviour).
>
> The underlying issue is that the normal build specifies a whole bunch of
> extensions in darcs.cabal, but the witnesses build doesn't. So a lot of
> files rely on those extensions without specifying them explicitly in
> LANGUAGE pragmas. Ideally we would specify everything in LANGUAGE pragmas,
> but that might be significant effort for the really commonly used ones.
>
> On a side note, now that we're at GHC 6.8 as a minimum, can't we remove the
> OPTIONS_GHC pragmas?

I'm okay with that.  It will make it increasingly difficult for anyone
who randomly is forced to build on ghc6.6 though.  To me that is the
only consideration and it's not worth the effort because we can tell
them to use -fglasgow-exts.

> Sat Aug 29 07:12:08 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
>  * missing LANGUAGE in Darcs.Commands.Unrevert
>
> Sat Aug 29 07:12:56 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
>  * missing LANGUAGE in Darcs.ProgressPatches
>
> Sat Aug 29 07:19:22 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
>  * specify CPP globally for witnesses build

These look great to me.  I just can't push anything, yet.  Trent could
you push these please?  It's my name on the review if they break
something :)

Thanks,
Jason