[darcs-users] darcs patch: Resolve issue1584: Provide optimize --up... (and 1 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Sep 2 06:04:11 UTC 2009

DRAFT: don't apply this yet.

I'm sending this now because I'm not sure when I'll get another chance to work
on it.  This doesn't quite work.  It seems to be fine if I run it by hand --
perhaps converting the GHC repo would be a good test -- but for some reason if
I run the test through cabal test tests/issue1584_etc I get some complaint about
not being able to fetch something from the caches.

Interestingly the tests appear to pass if I just run 'cabal test' [perhaps this
is due to the stylised nature of the test suites making it such that different
repos are populating the cache with coincidentally the right content?]

Bleah...

Tue Sep  1 00:18:36 CEST 2009  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Resolve issue1584: Provide optimize --upgrade command.
  This can be used for an inplace upgrade to the latest hashed format.
  Right now it only handles old-fashioned => hashed, but there may be
  future format changes for which this can be reused.

Wed Sep  2 08:00:31 CEST 2009  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
  * Test for issue1584, the optimize --upgrade feature.