[darcs-users] contribs policy?

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Sep 2 20:11:48 UTC 2009

Forgive my laziness: do we have a policy on submissions to the contribs
directory?

If not, I propose we require that all contribs be maintained.  For
example, if we don't hear back about a bug related to a contrib after a
certain time, we just ruthlessly delete it.  (I've still got my
cross-hairs on darcs.cgi for some odd reason.)

I think this just reflects a general shift in attitude from trying to
support more users to trying to focus more on our core business: for
example, fewer GHC versions supported, fewer variants of HTTP libraries.
Anything which shrinks our liabilities.

Thanks,

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9