[darcs-users] darcs patch: Resolve issue1584: Provide optimize --up... (and 1 more)

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Thu Sep 3 03:07:13 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:

> Tue Sep  1 00:18:36 CEST 2009  Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
>   * Resolve issue1584: Provide optimize --upgrade command.

In the interest of avoiding unnecessary differences between DVCS' CLIs,
I checked what others use for in-place repo format upgrades.

 - bzr upgrade [format details];
 - hg can't update a repo's format in-place
   (it works like our get --hashed approach); and
 - git doesn't have a clear "upgrade workflow"

This being the case, optimize --upgrade seems a good name.