[darcs-users] darcs patch: Add a simple testcase for the --external... (and 2 more)

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sun Sep 6 13:20:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

A bunch of patches for the testsuite (I'm wondering whether I forgot to send
the first, or it got lost in the cracks). For the second, this is just
bookkeeping -- I want the skipped tests to show up in the log. The last one is
a workaround for the path problem on windows, where darcs "same repo" test gets
confused by different slashes in the paths. I guess this may or may not be a
bug, depending on how you look at it. I also failed to come up with a
reasonable fix (I'd prefer not to patch the two sites where this happens, and
instead fix the underlying darcs filepath functions, but I failed at
that... calling System.FilePath.normalise on both sides should work reasonably
well... anyway, the check is probably not critical anyway, since it'll break in
a number of other scenarios, it's there just to provide a less confusing error
message, IIUIC).

Yours,
   Petr.

Thu Aug  6 08:39:53 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Add a simple testcase for the --external-merge option.

Sun Sep  6 15:12:36 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Exit 200 in abort_windows to indicate the skip to the harness.

Sun Sep  6 15:13:45 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Use the correct slash in push-formerly-pl.

  This is usually not required, but in this particular case, the bad slash
  confuses darcs path comparison (it keeps around the mixed slashes in one of the
  paths, but has backslashes-only in the other one and wrongly concludes that the
  paths are different).