[darcs-users] darcs patch: Print expansions of simple commands in testsuite output.

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sun Sep 6 13:35:54 UTC 2009

Hi,

another testsuite patch (I'd like to see what goes on in the timestamp test on
windows -- I'm inclined to just disable it, since with darcs-hs, the timestamps
of pristine files are irrelevant, but i'd still like to see what goes wrong
first). Even if it was not for the specific issue, the patch should still be,
IMHO, applied, as it improves the output quite a bit.

Yours,
   Petr.

Sun Sep  6 15:31:35 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Print expansions of simple commands in testsuite output.

  This helps with debugging failures, since we see the exact command that was
  executed, after all shell expansion has been done. Moreover, we see exactly
  which command failed -- the existing -v will eg. print a whole "if" statement
  with body and it cannot be discerned which branch was taken or which command
  exactly has failed.