[darcs-users] aliases for repositories

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Tue Sep 8 21:34:57 UTC 2009

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 05:55:14 +0200
Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 11:29:09 +1000, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> > It doesn't cover one of mine: pulling via HTTP, and pushing via SSH.
> > Pulling via SSH would probably work, but would require more bandwidth.
>
> See --remote-repo

What's the useful of this, instead of using --no-set-default and specifying
the alternate URL that way?

Would this be primarily for setting a preference, like to say that when
I pull, I want to pull from the "Foo" repo, unless I explicity give
another URL to override it?

Now that I thought through it, I suppose that's exactly what's it's for. :)

    Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   mark at summersault.com     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .