[darcs-users] aliases for repositories

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Sep 9 06:05:15 UTC 2009

http://bugs.darcs.net/issue792

Then Trent wrote:
> Ah, so in addition to "ALL no-set-default" in ~/.darcs/defaults, and a
> default repo for pull/send in _darcs/prefs/defaultrepo, I would add
> "push remote-repo <ssh URL>" to the per-repo _darcs/prefs/prefs.

I think Darcs looks at remote-repo before it looks at defaultrepo, so
you can pretty much ignore the default.

I set pull remote-repo <http URL>
and then just darcs push to the ssh one

But yours sounds better since you typically only want to push to one
place, but you may pull from others.

Also worth thinking about:
  - interaction between this and command line repo
    I think command line repo wins, but then if you have this set
    it's as if --no-set-defaults was set since --remote-repo always
    goes before the default repo
  - http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1176

> PS: it's a major PITA to remember to re-set _darcs/prefs/prefs whenever
> I make a feature branch from such a repo (with per-repo preferences).

Yep.  Perhaps open a new thread on this topic: what if darcs copied
local prefs on local get?