[darcs-users] darcswatch/roundup integration

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Wed Sep 9 16:08:52 UTC 2009

Hi Joachim,

I'm redirecting this to the mailing list as it's growing into a
technical discussion, hopefully a fruitful one!

Simon: By any chance, could you offer any help with Joachim's
questions?

Thanks!

Background
----------
1. I and a some other darcs hackers would like to see some sort of
   web based patch tracker so that we can keep abreast of what
   patches need to be reviewed, who's reviewing them, etc.
   http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1084

2. There are three candidates right now: roundup, review-board and
   darcswatch

3. One key feature of darcswatch is that it understands darcs patches.
   See http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1602

4. On the other hand, the darcswatch UI needs some work before we can
   really use it within the project.  The suggestion in issue1602 is
   not to try and improve the UI but just to make darcswatch act as a
   gateway to a third party tracker such as roundup.

Joachim fleshed out the idea as follows
An extension to darcswatch could be written that monitors the tracker,
gathers any submitted patches from there, links them to the correct
ticket on the tracker and, for these patches, makes the
"Applicable/Obsolete/Rejected"-state reflect the state of the ticket.

Additionally, if it finds a patch applied, it could automatically close
the corresponding ticket (or at least add a note that the ticket may be
closed

And now the technical bits