[darcs-users] darcswatch/roundup integration

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Wed Sep 9 19:28:08 UTC 2009

> Background
> ----------
> 1. I and a some other darcs hackers would like to see some sort of
>    web based patch tracker so that we can keep abreast of what
>    patches need to be reviewed, who's reviewing them, etc.
>    http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1084

I use "RT" for this at work, and so I imagine roundup could work the
same way as well. In RT, we added a custom field called "Stage" and one
of the stages is "alpha-testing".  In darcs, we always give patches a
ticket number.

When a patch is ready for review, it pushed to the central repo and RT
is updated with a comment to give the ticket a alpha reviewer, and the
stage is moved to "alpha testing".

It's not a heavily integrated approach, but it works without adding yet
another technology to our workflow.

I haven't tried darcswatch, so I can't comment on how a modified version
of it might compare.

    Mark