[darcs-users] darcs patch: change the type of gcau to reflect its b... (and 10 more)

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Wed Sep 9 20:14:00 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've refactored get_common_and_uncommon and friends so now the return
type correctly expresses what they do, which gets rid of a lot of nasty
calls to head elsewhere and generally makes the world a better place.

I also added witnesses to several modules where it was easy to do so (in
some cases enabled by the above refactoring).

I've sent one of these patches (the checkUnrelatedRepos one) but here
are some more that depend on it.

Cheers,

Ganesh

Wed Sep  9 20:32:21 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * change the type of gcau to reflect its behaviour
  Previously it returned RL (RL ...) but the outer RL was always singleton.
  Changing this to RL ... simplifies a lot of client code that was just assuming
  this behaviour by doing things like taking the head.

Tue Sep  8 22:06:52 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * make type of checkUnrelatedRepos more general
  There's no reason why two repos we are comparing for relatedness should have
  the same ending context.

Wed Sep  9 20:30:13 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * add witnesses to Darcs.Commands.Diff

Wed Sep  9 20:34:05 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * add witnesses to Darcs.Commands.Remove

Wed Sep  9 20:34:41 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * add witnesses to Darcs.Commands.TrackDown

Wed Sep  9 20:44:07 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * add witnesses to Darcs.Commands.Pull

Wed Sep  9 20:48:00 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * add witnesses to Darcs.Commands.Apply

Wed Sep  9 20:52:58 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * add witnesses to Darcs.Commands.Push

Wed Sep  9 21:01:51 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * add witnesses to Darcs.Commands.Send

Wed Sep  9 21:06:43 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * need RankNTypes for some of the newly witnessed modules

Wed Sep  9 21:07:11 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
  * add newly-witnessed modules to witnesses.hs