[darcs-users] [Haskell-cafe] Darcs 2.3 and NFS

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Wed Sep 9 21:19:35 UTC 2009

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Lewis-Sandy, Darrell wrote:

> Windows Vista, Ubuntu 9.04 32-bit, Ubuntu 64 bit, etc).  I have a
> windows file share that is accessible to all the machines, and has been
> permanently mounted as a CIFS share on the Linux machines.
>
> I have built darcs 2.3 on the Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) 32 bit box and am
> able to execute darcs commands against any local folders, but am
> consistently getting an error message when I try to push or put to the
> NFS:
>
> darcs: ./_darcs/tentative_pristine-0:rename: already exists (File
> exists)

At a guess, Windows filesystem semantics are causing trouble here and
darcs doesn't know to work around them. There's some code in
src/Workaround.hs that sets up a custom renameFile function on Windows -
try changing that so that it's unconditionally enabled?

Following up on darcs-users would be best though you might need to
subscribe.

Cheers,

Ganesh