[darcs-users] darcswatch/roundup integration

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Thu Sep 10 05:01:35 UTC 2009

Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com> writes:

>> Background
>> ----------
>> 1. I and a some other darcs hackers would like to see some sort of
>>    web based patch tracker so that we can keep abreast of what
>>    patches need to be reviewed, who's reviewing them, etc.
>>    http://bugs.darcs.net/issue1084
>
> I use "RT" for this at work, and so I imagine roundup could work the
> same way as well. In RT, we added a custom field called "Stage" and
> one of the stages is "alpha-testing".  In darcs, we always give
> patches a ticket number.
>
> When a patch is ready for review, it pushed to the central repo and RT
> is updated with a comment to give the ticket a alpha reviewer, and the
> stage is moved to "alpha testing".

+1 for using roundup, in case any stakeholders didn't already know :-)

For me, the UI agnosticism that roundup's mail gateway (coupled with my
CLI wrapper) provides is a killer feature.  To use a js-heavy web UI
like review-board would require drastic changes to my working
environment -- change I am not willing to undergo for Darcs.

I have not looked at darcswatch yet (I think this thread is the first
I've heard of it).