[darcs-users] Crazy idea: get depends from tests

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Fri Sep 11 08:41:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 17:03:02 +0200, Florent Becker wrote:
> That's why I propose to add a --add-deps-by-tests flag to record (and amend-
> record).

> What do you think?

Wacky (in a good way).

I think that in practice this would interfere with a incremental
committing workflow (for example, the maybench project has a very
lightweight test, just compiling stuff) but maybe

 (a) you could have a separate layer of tests just for this

 (b) you could find a way for darcs to give you the feeling
     of having finished recording while it goes off in the
     background and looks for additional dependencies to tack on.