[darcs-users] buildslaves sought

naur at post11.tele.dk naur at post11.tele.dk
Fri Sep 11 18:43:46 UTC 2009

Hello Petr,

You probably know that I have hosted darcs buildbot slaves earlier, and I would like to do that again. However:

1. I have fought a number of battles with cabal-install and lost them all, so me and cabal-install are not really good friends. I may take up my cabal-install fight again at some later date, but I am not really willing to do it in order to be able to host darcs buildbot slaves. So I would need an alternative description of the required setup that does not involve the use of cabal-install.

2. I understand the reason for heightening the requirements to the stability and service of the buildbot slaves, and I am uncertain whether I can live up to these requirements. The key question is this: Let's say that I went away on vacation for a week and left my buildbot slaves unattended or even turned off. Should I then feel bad about not notifying the darcs community about this?

Just to whet your appetite, let me mention that I can make darcs buildbot slaves available for PPC Mac OS X, Intel Mac OS X and probably also a rather dated (5.4) FreeBSD. I could even prepare a buildbot slave for a newer (6.something) FreeBSD, but that would take some persuasion. The machine that ran the Linux darcs buildbot slave that I hosted earlier is "dead", but you seem to have ample Linux slaves, so I will not worry about that.

Best regards
Thorkil