[darcs-users] buildslaves sought

naur at post11.tele.dk naur at post11.tele.dk
Sat Sep 12 09:15:38 UTC 2009

Hi Eric,

----- Original meddelelse -----
> Fra: Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net>
> Til: naur at post11.tele.dk
> Cc: Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
> darcs-users at darcs.net
> Dato: Fre, 11. sep 2009 22:02
> Emne: Re: [darcs-users] buildslaves sought
>
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 20:43:46 +0200, naur at post11.tele.dk wrote:
> > 1. I have fought a number of battles with cabal-install and lost
> them
> > all, so me and cabal-install are not really good friends. I may
> take
> > up my cabal-install fight again at some later date, but I am not
> > really willing to do it in order to be able to host darcs buildbot
> > slaves. So I would need an alternative description of the required
> > setup that does not involve the use of cabal-install.
>
> Are your battles with cabal-install related to GHC 6.6?

I don't recall exactly what the various problems that I encountered were, but I did come away from the experience with the impression that to become a happy cabal-install user, I would have to use it frequently. There are things cabal-install does, like its use of certain defaults, global locations, and configuration files, that doesn't go well in hand with the way I like to manage my machinery. In any case, I would prefer to postpone trying to solve my particular problems with cabal-install to another occasion.

Best regards
Thorkil