[darcs-users] darcs patch: Use index-based diffing in Record. (and 57 more)

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Sat Sep 12 15:33:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am sending the darcs-hs patchbomb, since I just went over the code and
changes and fixed a few outstanding issues. Now darcs-hs passes the testsuite
again, and also -- compared to mainline -- fixes issue1488 and issue252.

I guess the clean_hashdir patch could be cherrypicked into the mainline, but
that does not fix any outstanding bug. The rest probably waits for the
hashed-storage review.

Yours,
   Petr.

PS: I have also pulled in my hlint patch, since otherwise I'd just keep adding
conflicts and continue to being annoyed by haskell_policy stupidity.

Fri Jun 12 00:36:12 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Use index-based diffing in Record.

Sat Jun 20 22:19:22 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Flip "darcs changes" to index-based diffing.

Sun Jun 21 15:37:30 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Flip "darcs mark-conflicts" over to index-based diffing.

Sun Jun 21 15:37:55 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Use index-based diffing in Remove.

Sun Jun 21 15:38:32 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Flip AmendRecord to index-based diffing, too.

Sun Jun 21 15:39:00 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Use index-based diffing in unrevert.

Sun Jun 21 15:39:23 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Make revert use index-based diffing.

Sun Jun 21 15:39:56 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Also use index-based diffing in unrecord/obliterate.

Sun Jun 21 15:41:41 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Use index-based diffing in "darcs wh -l".

Sun Jun 21 15:42:30 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Unexport get_unrecorded* from Repository, remove unused functions from Internal.

Sun Jun 21 16:19:23 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Move tentativelyMergePatches and friends to a new module, Repository.Merge.

  This allows tentativelyMergePatches to use unrecordedChanges from Gorsvet
  without forming import cycles.

Sun Jun 21 16:25:31 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Move add_to_pending to Repository, use unrecordedChanges.

Sun Jun 21 16:30:25 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Clean up unused bits from Repository.Internal.

Mon Jun 22 13:32:39 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Invalidate the index in add_to_pending, as it was getting rebuilt too soon.

Mon Jun 22 13:34:32 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Remove unused import from Gorsvet.

Sun Jun 28 22:32:01 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Clean up unused imports in WhatsNew.

Fri Jul 10 16:12:53 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Resolve conflict.

Thu Jul 16 10:23:47 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Provide readPending that also provides the "pending conflicts" check natively.

Thu Jul 16 10:25:25 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Proper implementation for mDoesFileExist/mDoesDirectoryExist in Gorsvet.

Thu Jul 16 10:32:18 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Optimize darcs show contents --match (avoid slurping pristine).

Mon Jul 20 09:20:18 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Port the replay (check/repair) functionality to hashed-storage.

  This removes a few unsafeDiff users. It also simplifies the replay code by not
  threading the Slurpy all over the place (instead placing applyAndFix in the
  TreeIO monad). There is a slight risk of regressions (and a moderate risk of
  space leaks).

Mon Jul 20 11:38:43 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Remove now-unused checkPristineAgainstSlurpy.

Mon Jul 20 12:56:54 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Avoid removing in-use files on win32.

Mon Jul 20 18:47:17 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Re-implement make_remove_patch in remove command, replacing Slurps with Trees.

Mon Jul 20 18:57:00 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Obliterate all instances of sync_repo and friends, since they are useless now.

Mon Jul 20 18:58:36 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Obliterate timestamp manipulation in HashedIO.

Mon Jul 27 12:54:35 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Port to hashed-storage 0.4 Hash changes.

Sun Aug  2 14:28:12 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Get rid of wait_a_moment, since we do not use pristine timestamps anymore.

Mon Aug  3 10:46:56 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Port to generalised Tree types (mostly just signature wibbling).

Wed Aug  5 20:35:12 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Haddock invalidateIndex.

Wed Aug  5 20:35:26 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Port to new readIndex interface in hashed-storage 0.4.

Wed Aug  5 21:45:44 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Preliminary version of the replace command with s/unsafeDiff/treeDiff/.

Thu Aug  6 08:46:27 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Take a Tree instead of Slurpy in external_resolution.

Thu Aug  6 08:51:39 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Remove unused syncPristine from Repository.Pristine.

Thu Aug  6 08:52:09 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Use treeDiff in external_merge instead of unsafeDiff.

Thu Aug  6 08:52:16 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Remove now-unused Darcs.Diff module.

Thu Aug  6 08:59:04 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Clean up unused bits and imports in Repository.Checkpoint.

Thu Aug  6 16:13:08 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Add a testcase of diffing various trailing/missing newline combinations.

Fri Aug  7 12:18:40 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Adapt to the new safety-improved readIndex API.

Fri Aug  7 17:30:17 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Implement index checking functionality in darcs check.

Fri Aug  7 20:55:27 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Use withDirectory to implement mInCurrentDirectory.

Sat Aug  8 22:53:46 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Fix compilation after minor hashed-storage API rename.

Tue Aug 11 00:06:00 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Make darcs optimize rearrange pristine.hashed when needed.

  This is triggered when the pristine.hashed format uses the size-prefixed hash
  format -- like 0000000064-<hash>. The optimize writes out a size-less pristine
  tree that moreover uses stable (sorted by name) directory listing format, and
  therefore stable directory hashes. This layout gives optimal performance with
  HSI4-format index.

Tue Aug 11 12:51:19 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Add a --pristine option to optimize.

Tue Aug 11 12:52:05 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Improve performance of clean_hashed (by a factor of ~n/logn).

  On the scale of 50k files + 50k garbage, clean_hashes was basically useless
  (before: gave up waiting after 20 minutes, after: 35 seconds). (This happens
  when running darcs optimize --pristine on a 50k-big repository.)

Tue Aug 11 15:56:55 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Remove extraneous invalidateIndex from revert.

Sun Aug 30 12:21:36 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Resolve conflict with Eric's cleanup.

Sun Aug 30 12:27:36 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Resolve conflict (duplicate, even) with Trent.

Mon Sep  7 20:01:44 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Fix up for hashed-storage API shuffling.

Mon Sep  7 20:02:09 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Drop unused import.

Sat Sep 12 12:16:30 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Detect and fix bad index in darcs repair.

Sat Sep 12 16:14:42 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * We no longer use pristine timestamps in any way.

Fri Aug  7 08:57:36 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Re-implement haskell_policy in terms of hlint.

  This also comes with a change to the ratification mechanism, which now uses a
  separate Ratified module, from which you have to import the unsafe
  functions. Requires a recent hlint.

Sat Sep 12 16:59:00 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Resolve conflict with haskell_policy -> hlint.

Sat Sep 12 16:59:34 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Update to latest hashed-storage API: updateIndex is global now.

Sat Sep 12 17:01:47 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Remove code for repair-from-checkpoint.

Sat Sep 12 17:18:16 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Unreadable pristine ought not be fatal for repair.

Sat Sep 12 17:22:15 CEST 2009  Petr Rockai <me at mornfall.net>
  * Resolve issue1488: darcs-hs does not suffer from this.