[darcs-users] darcs patch: resolve issue1406: amend-record unrecords on a test fa...

Kamil Dworakowski kamil at dworakowski.name
Sat Sep 12 21:42:00 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Sep 2009, Eric Kow wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 07:45:45 -0700, Jason Dagit wrote:
>>>
>>> Kamil and I have had some off-list discussion about this patch.  My
>>> current understanding is that it should not be applied yet.  Kamil is
>>> doing some further digging into how his bit of code should work
>>> transactionally.  Which is to say, we are being cautious :)
>>
>> Thanks for this.
>> Could you provide a summary of this discussion?
>
> +1 for a summary - I've seen various patches flying around and Jason asked
> me to take an additional look last week, but I've only now had time but am
> not quite sure if things have moved on since then.

There is not much to summarize. I told Jason that I was not sure about
my patch's correctness until I figured out the checkpoints. After I
understood the role of checkpoints I realized my original patch was
incomplete and have send and amendment to the list (with two
additional patches changing tests). I must have done something wrong
with --in-reply-to flag, because the email with amendment created a
new thread titled "darcs patch: test that tentative leftover is
cleared (and 2 more)".

Consider this second thread as a continuation of this one. The test
patches have been reviewed by Trent. The main patch is pending review.

--
Cheers,
Kamil