[darcs-users] darcs patch: test that tentative leftover is cleared (and 2 more)

Kamil Dworakowski kamil at dworakowski.name
Sat Sep 12 22:09:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> wrote:
> So we're no longer creating new checkpoints from Darcs 2.3 on.  The
> question I wanted to ask myself in this leg of the review is if we do
> away with the code in Darcs.Repository.DarcsRepo that manipulates the
> checkpoint inventory.  I guess the only reason this code would be useful
> is if you were to either unpull/obliterate a tag.

One of the test patches I have sent tests amend-record of a checkpoint
tag. For that test I have created a repo with a checkpoint tag in an
older version of darcs and included it under tests/repos.

I agree that it is highly unlikely someone will try to monkey with
(amend, obliterate and such) a checkpoint with new darcs, though I
guess it is still possible.

--
Cheers,
Kamil