[darcs-users] should it be possible to amend a tag?

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Sep 13 06:51:00 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 23:09:05 +0100, Kamil Dworakowski wrote:
> One of the test patches I have sent tests amend-record of a checkpoint
> tag. For that test I have created a repo with a checkpoint tag in an
> older version of darcs and included it under tests/repos.

Hmm: that actually opens a whole new question.

I'm going to break this out into a new thread:
See <93fc29d60909121509y555c14bn47b72b9f5fe8ae1a at mail.gmail.com>
for the old parent.

> I agree that it is highly unlikely someone will try to monkey with
> (amend, obliterate and such) a checkpoint with new darcs, though I
> guess it is still possible.

Thanks for paying attention to corner cases.  We should take Murphy's
Law very seriously so you've got the right idea.

One question I have for other darcs hackers is: does Darcs assume in any
way that tag patches are empty?  Because right now, it is possible to
amend a tag and add stuff to it.  Should that be illegal?

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9