[darcs-users] darcs patch: resolve issue1406: amend-record unrecords on a test fa...

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Sun Sep 13 07:51:14 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 14:43:17 -0700, Jason Dagit wrote:
> Not sure how you guys missed it, but once that bundle came to the list I
> replied here:
> http://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2009-September/021175.html

My mistake.  I asked mutt to limit my box to messages with 1406 in their
subject line but neglected to unlimit the view having found my thread.

> I need you guys to comment on: 1) The orphan patches that I bring up in that
> reply. 2) Putting inverse patches in tentative_pristine versus commuting
> patches to the end and discarding them.

Thanks.  I appreciate you pointing us to the very latest state of
affairs, but I think the real problem underlying my summary request is
that I no longer have a top-to-bottom view of the situation.

Perhaps this discussion in sprawling out enough that we could maybe
consider using the review-on-wiki approach pioneered by Ganesh and Petr
and made practical by our use of darcsit.  For reviews where it is easy
to get lost, this technique could help.

  http://wiki.darcs.net/Review/issue1406

Sorry for the hassle, but could I ask you guys (Jason and Kamil) to
darcs get --lazy http://wiki.darcs.net and plug some stuff into the
template?  I've made a very meager start on it.  Copy and pasting from
mails is fair game.

Kamil: I promise that we're not normally this bureaucratic! It's
just that you stumbled upon something a lot trickier than any of
us where expecting :-)

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9