[darcs-users] ratification (haskell_policy / hlint)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Mon Sep 14 19:09:14 UTC 2009

Hi Gwern,

I'm might be about to (hopefully delicately) step on your toes here.

For expediency, I'm going to go ahead and pull Petr's version of the
hlint patch from his darcs-hs branch.

My reasons are:

 - It's already on darcs-hs and this just minimises confusion

 - It uses an explicit ratification mechanism, which I think
   we're all more comfortable with for reasons I've touched upon

 - I'm sort of on a mini darcs rampage here, gwrar gwrar, stomp
   smash which makes me impatient to just get things done and
   over with

Thanks for your work on this!  I hope to see a follow-up patch from
you when Neil works out a good way to ratify exceptions in hlint.

Please also know that I consider my action to be a failure on our part
to do things the right way, which normally would be to work with you to
shape your patch into something that everybody can be happy with.
Redoing work should be slightly frowned upon, IMHO.  But I hope you
agree that in this particular context, oh-just-get-it-over-with-already
is the right way to go.

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9