[darcs-users] Feature idea: Suggest replace operation

Florent Becker florent.becker at ens-lyon.org
Tue Sep 15 13:33:30 UTC 2009

Eric Kow wrote:

> Hi Florent,
>
> Any comments, please?
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, Henrik :-)

Before doing that, which is not my favourite flavour of smart, i'd look for
a solution within emacs/your favourite editor. It should be possible, at
least in emacs (probably also vim), to add a keybinding to the
search/replace dialog that would do a darcs replace from within emacs.

The problem I see with that idea is that it could turn out to be
unpredictable: will darcs be a good enough guesser. I'd like to see it in
action before i can further comment.