[darcs-users] darcs patch: Use index-based diffing in Record. (and 57 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Tue Sep 15 22:11:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 22:41:16 +0100, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
>>> Ganesh: elaborating on your offer.  If you could provide us with an
>>> example or prototype of how the test suite could be generalised and
>>> still be useful we'd be able to wrap this up fairly quickly.  For
>>> example, could we move the current hashed-storage suite into the
>>> darcs-specific package and then have some fairly simple sanity checks
>>> for hashed-storage proper?

> Now done:
> http://darcs.vm.spiny.org.uk/~ganesh/gsoc-review-2009/ganesh-hack/hashed-storage/

Thanks, Ganesh!

So Petr, I'm just trying to help nudge this closer to completion by
talking at it some more :-).  This prototype by Ganesh seems to show how
hashed-storage could still be usefully tested without
Storage.Hashed.Darcs being baked in.  If this was fleshed out properly,
would you agree that this is an adequate solution to the test suite
problem?

This is just a more concrete version of my question from earlier in the
thread: could you live with the compromise solution
[Storage.Hashed.Darcs being part of the darcs project, but as a
standalone library] if the test suite problem were resolved?

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9