[darcs-users] darcs patch: modify issue1300 test to fail for the ri... (and 2 more)

Kamil Dworakowski kamil at dworakowski.name
Tue Sep 15 23:25:48 UTC 2009

Hi all,

This issue turned out to be easy. I hope the long msg will help with the
review.

Cheers,
Kamil

Tue Sep 15 10:03:07 BST 2009  Kamil Dworakowski <kamil at dworakowski.name>
  * modify issue1300 test to fail for the right reason

Tue Sep 15 23:12:38 BST 2009  Kamil Dworakowski <kamil at dworakowski.name>
  * resolve issue1300: logfile deleted on unsucessful record

  Don't honour --delete-logfile when the record fails for any reason, a test
  failure for instance.

  I have changed the definition of get_log not to delete the logfile, but to
  return it for deferred deletion. I capitalized on the fact that get_log
  was already returning (Just temp_logfile) for deferred deletion.

  get_log is an exported name, used in AmendRecord, Tag and Rollback. Some
  of them ignore the logfile to delete, though none of them accept
  --delete-logfile flag, and thus they don't need to change, nor are they
  affected in any way.

  Unintended side effect of the change: with --delete-logfile flag present, a
  massage '"Logfile left in " ++ filepath' gets printed in case of the test
  failure on record. This may actually be desirable so I did not bother to
  change it.

Tue Sep 15 23:51:25 BST 2009  Kamil Dworakowski <kamil at dworakowski.name>
  * activate issue1300 test