[darcs-users] windows binaries

Salvatore Insalaco kirby81 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 11:49:29 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 00:02:18 +0200, Ben Franksen wrote:
>> today I claimed to a co-worker that (of course!) windows binaries for the
>> latest darcs release are readily available for download. To my great
>> embarrassment I was proven wrong: the link from the darcs home page
>> ("Pre-built Darcs binaries ...") leads to a place on the wiki where only
>> binaries for 2.2.x are listed. Could this be fixed, please?

I'm finally back from my vacation in Japan (unfortunately the summer
release of Darcs caught me on vacation).

During these months my collegues tried darcs 2.3 for windows a lot,
and unfortunately (or fortunately) discovered a couple of bugs
(index-related).

I wondered if it was the case to release a binary, but ultimately I
decided to release anyway darcs 2.3 binaries as-is: we'll try to fix
them  by 2.3.1 (nothing too critical, just some situations where darcs
refuses to run without deleting the index file).

Just wait a couple of days and they will be available.

Salvatore