[darcs-users] darcs patch: relicense Darcs.Commands.GZCRCs as BSD3

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Thu Sep 17 05:36:42 UTC 2009

Eric Kow <kowey at darcs.net> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 21:12:06 +0100, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
>> Any other of my contributions, in the past or future, are also hereby
>> offered under a BSD3 licence. If I ever revoke this declaration I
>> will post to the mailing list to say so. (Obviously any revocation
>> could only apply to contributions made after that.)
>>
>> Tue Sep 15 21:03:07 BST 2009  Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
>>   * relicense Darcs.Commands.GZCRCs as BSD3
>
> Applied, thanks!
>
> We actually have a file of license exceptions in the release/
> directory that we could tidy up.

Debian has a draft specification[0] for a file format that describes
licensing and copyright status for all files in a project.  If upstream
(i.e. this community) used the same format, that'd make my life easier.
The specification includes some examples.

Issues 331 and 954 contain additional notes.

[0] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/