[darcs-users] darcs patch: Camel-case getLog and getDate exported b... (and 1 more)

Eric Kow kowey at darcs.net
Thu Sep 17 11:42:25 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 13:21:31 +0200, Lele Gaifax wrote:
> > hunk ./src/Darcs/Commands/Record.lhs 127
> >  commit = command_stub "commit" commit_help commit_description record
> >
> >  file_exists :: Slurpy -> SubPath -> IO Bool
> > -file_exists s rp = do file <- doesFileExist fp
> > +file_exists s rp =  do file <- doesFileExist fp
> >                        dir <- doesDirectoryExist fp
> >                        return (file || dir ||
> >                                slurp_hasfile (sp2fn rp) s ||
>
> Isn't this spurious?

Thanks for noticing this! This is one of those cases where using
darcs replace can give unintuitive output.  Try this version,
where we just commute the hunk past the replace:

 fileExists :: Slurpy -> SubPath -> IO Bool
-fileExists s rp = do file <- doesFileExist fp
+fileExists s rp =  do file <- doesFileExist fp
                       dir <- doesDirectoryExist fp
                       return (file || dir ||
                               slurp_hasfile (sp2fn rp) s ||

Hopefully it becomes a little clearer why we have this hunk patch.
Whitespace-sensitive languages and token replacements...

PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9