[darcs-users] [issue1550] general purpose command line parsing library (CmdArgs)

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Thu Sep 17 12:52:51 UTC 2009

Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com> writes:

> Why not: compress :: Bool? That's what I've done now, for things like
> compression if you introduce gzip/bzip/lzma etc we can expand to a
> flag, but for most things bool captures the options.

Because then you end up with lots of unspecific Bool bits in signatures
(instead of Compression -- which states what is the purpose of the parameter
clearly), and pattern matches look like foo True and foo False instead of foo
GzipCompression and foo NoCompression. It's just a readability thing.

Yours,
   Petr.