[darcs-users] Memory usage of record in darcs-hs

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Thu Sep 17 14:24:35 UTC 2009

Jason Dagit <dagit at codersbase.com> writes:
> With darcs-hs the story is quite a bit different.  The physical ram usage is
> about 365megs, but the run time was around 100 seconds.
(In case someone interested in this didn't yet figure out the problem: looking
at the profiles, zipTrees is a top CPU monger, and if you look at its
definition it's clear why -- the definition is probably the naivest possible --
O(n^2) and also too strict, so it's just matter of writing one that is both
more efficient (can be done in nlogn) and more lazy... I'll get to it
eventually.)

Yours,
   Petr.