[darcs-users] darcs patch: add "parallel pairs" (and 6 more)

Nicolas Pouillard nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 19:18:05 UTC 2009

Excerpts from Eric Kow's message of Fri Sep 18 09:14:25 +0200 2009:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 22:52:30 +0100, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:
> > This is an initial attempt at adding interactive editing of hunk
> > patches. I don't necessarily expect this sequence to be applied
> > as-is, though it could be.
>
> What a treat!  I'm going to push the easy patches first
>
>  * add "parallel pairs"
>  * break out and export run_editor utility function
>  * Add utility code for editing text
>
> And leave the meat of this bundle for later (perhaps somebody else
> wants to tag themselves in?)

I have a question about the hunk editing feature.
Does it leave the pristine tree as is (like git), or not?

[...]

> break out and export run_editor utility function
> > +run_editor :: FilePath -> IO ExitCode
> > +run_editor f = do
> > +  ed <- get_editor
> > +  exec_interactive ed f
> > +       `ortryrunning` exec_interactive "emacs" f
> > +       `ortryrunning` exec_interactive "emacs -nw" f
> > +       `ortryrunning` exec_interactive "nano" f
> > +#ifdef WIN32
> > +       `ortryrunning` exec_interactive "edit" f
> > +#endif
>
> I think all new functions should be camelCase.  It's not that I care,
> it's just that I want it to stop even being a question.  The desired
> outcome is that we never get anybody having to scratch their heads
> looking for a deeper meaning or conventions behind the case.

I think (if my memory serve me well) that it is one of David's convention;
that is: camel case for exported values and underscores for internal ones.
Which would make sense since you are exporting a previously internal thing,
right?

Best regards,

--
Nicolas Pouillard